http://www.rapiddenver.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/freeze.jpg 250 250 rapidrestore http://www.rapiddenver.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/3509_logo_final-300x139.jpg rapidrestore2016-12-16 15:19:212016-12-16 15:19:21How to reduce your freeze risk
- Maintain building temperatures above 55 degrees. Plan for maintenance personnel to properly monitor buildings during cold snaps, making more frequent visits to buildings or areas of buildings not normally occupied.
- Inspect all areas along the inside and outside perimeters of the building to ensure they are sealed and there are no drafty areas.
- Maintain roofs in good condition, including repairing leaks, securing flashing and clearing debris from the roof, roof drains and overflow scuppers.
- Check that downspouts are secured to buildings and clear of leaves and debris. If they iced over during a previous winter, consider properly installing heat trace to prevent major icicles and dams.
- Make sure all building openings are weather-tight so they do not admit cold air.
- Consider how you’ll address removing snow accumulation on your roof. If you or a contractor use a snow blower, make sure the height of the snow blower shave plate is adjusted higher as to not damage the underlying roofing material.
Gusting winds, heavy snow and bitter temperatures can create catastrophic property losses and havoc in your life, but a little preparation can prevent losses, saving you time and money.
For more information contact: Rapid Restoration and Construction (303) 412-9999